Quite frankly, I could care less about Apple and how well or poorly the company is doing. This probably has more to do with the sheer number of sickening Apple “Fan Boys” in cyberspace who live their lives to defend and pump Apple and will continue doing so with their last gasp of life. This widespread infatuation with Apple actually leaves a bad taste in my mouth despite the fact they do make excellent products and I continue to use a Mac, although my phone of choice is Android.
Okay, now that I’ve expressed my thoughts on relentless Apple worship, I was thinking what life would be like for Apple if it was more like Samsung. Last year for example Samsung released 37 new phones while Apple released just 1. Samsung also sold 215 million phones compared to Apple’s 135 million and this disparity will most likely increase substantially. Granted, many of the 37 Samsung models are substandard cheap models although variety is the spice of life and people do in fact like choices.
Therefore, if I were Apple, a change of strategy is in order with at least 5 models of the iPhone to include:
1) The basic iPhone (free with contract – low replacement cost)
2) The iPhone Standard (a.k.a. the iPhone 5)
3) The iPhone Plus (large screen iPhone similar to Samsung Galaxy)
4) The iPhone Slate (yet larger screen with stylus)
5) The iPhone Sport (100% waterproof and shock resistant model)
What do you think?